November is National Epilepsy Awareness Month (NEAM), and this year, we’re taking big actions! Without your collaboration and support, we wouldn’t be able to build a seizure safe nation. Together with you, we can raise awareness and funds, educate the general public about the epilepsies and seizures, and push for more research to improve outcomes for you.
We will be highlighting individuals and partners in our community who are using their stories, talents and efforts to help people with epilepsy overcome the challenges that come with their diagnosis.
What is your NEAM Action?
Without you, there is no epilepsy awareness, education, advocacy, or research. Let’s continue to be resilient and build awareness for our community.
Let’s take action together and make November the loudest and purple-est National Epilepsy Awareness Month ever for YOU! Be everywhere. Educate everyone. There are many ways you can get involved:
- Use YOUR voice to educate and build community by posting your NEAM action on your social media channels. Use #MyNEAMAction and tell us how you raise awareness in your community. A few ideas to get you started:
- Post a seizure first aid poster at work or school
- Sign up for a free seizure first aid training.
- Put on your favorite purple outfit
- Volunteer with us!
- Register for Epilepsy Walk Los Angeles
- Create your own DIY (Do it Yourself) Fundraiser
- Get creative and come up with other ways to spread awareness
- Make some noise on social media by downloading and sharing these graphics.
- Donate to help grow Epilepsy Foundation Los Angeles and make a difference by:
Quick Facts About Epilepsy
- 1 in 10 people will have a seizure and 1 in 26 will develop epilepsy during their lifetime.
- There are 3.4 million people living with epilepsy in the United States; 470,000 of them are children.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder that can affect any one of us regardless of race, age, or gender.
- Seizures are a symptom of epilepsy. Not all seizures are the same. Many people with epilepsy have more than one type of seizure.
We’re Here for You
Epilepsy affects everyone. Everywhere. Period. Thanks to YOU, we have upped our game to better serve YOU. Help us keep the momentum going this November and participate in our social media campaign, to spread awareness in your community. Remember to use #EpilepsyLosAngeles